Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established at DHSK Commerce College on 1st January, 2005. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC should be a part of the institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The IQAC has to make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase through channelizing the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. Till date, the College has been accredited by NAAC in 2004 and 2018.
- To promote a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To support measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmark for the various academic and administrative activities of the College
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback system from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institute, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database for the purpose of enhancing the institutional quality
- Improvement of Quality Culture in College
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality assessment criteria developed by NAAC in the prescribed format
The IQAC has evolved mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for students
- Optimization and integration of modern aids of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
Benefits of IQAC:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institute
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.